In 2019, the Diocese awarded $15,000 toward supporting local efforts–seed money– across our diocese aimed at Becoming Beloved Community. In May, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) were issued and since that time, fifteen proposals have been submitted. Of those fourteen, eleven were awarded. All of the grant monies were allocated.
Congratulations to 2019 grant awardees:
- Rev. Maggie Foote (2 grant applications), Cincinnati Table and Community Meals ($1750)
- Leslie Rich, One Westwood, St James ($2,500)
- Rev. Rick Incorvati: Springfield Dialogue Series ($1,000)
- Ron Gray: World Peace and Prayer Day ($500)
- MaryBeth Ingram: Second Annual Find Comfort in Discomfort; Westerville ($750)
- Judy Chamberlain: Kids4Peace ($2500)
- Rev. Mary Laymon: St Simon’s Sacred Ground ($2400)
- Miriam McKenney: Equipping youth programs ($1250)
- Anne Reed: Transfiguration Spirituality Center ($500)
- Karen Peeler: “Did They Really Just say that!?! Being and Active Bystander” (Kirwan Institute); St John’s, Worthington ($500)
Grant recipients will be completing reflections to capture learnings from the process and their efforts. These learnings will be synthesized and shared out in the coming weeks.
2020 grant monies will be made available. More details to come. The 2019 grant application is available here.